Saturday, July 29, 2017

Blogging Notes and Queries


I wonder. Why do people write blogs, why do people visit blogs, and why do people comment upon blog postings? 

Each question, I think, can have different answers. 

Do you have any answers to the questions. 

I have a few. Some will amuse, some will surprise, and some will offend. 

However, you go first with your comments. Let's see where the discussion takes us. Will we be amused, surprised, or offended? I wonder.


Postscript: Take out the word blogs, and substitute words like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, or any other social media network. I bet the same answers work for all of those options.  But that's just my cynical speculation.  And I guess my use of the word "cynical" foreshadows my answers. Hmmm.




13 comments:

  1. i have a soft voice and never was very successful at communicating with others... commenting on blogs, i get a chance to reveal what an idiot i really am...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communication--Communication--Communication--Communication

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, Tim, blogging is a way to share with others who have similar interests. I always learn from people who visit my blog, and from those whose blogs I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I started blogging I would visit a literary forum. There were lots of discussions about a lot of books. I found that the experience of posting and discussing books on these forums to be good, but ultimately unsatisfying. I started my blog partially to create a more satisfying experience. Reading and commenting on other people's blogs makes the experience even more fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My view: it's all about attention and ego. Feel free to disagree. Embrace the irony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably an element of that, Tim, but if a person doesn't have a little ego, how can he exist? the other side of that premise is that blogs allow participants to expand their knowledge and cooperate with other egos to their mutual benefit...

      Delete
  6. Tim.

    Certainly there is a need for attention and ego plays a part, as you note, but blogs and websites also offer a forum to express one's views, share information that is important and/or interesting, and to communicate with others.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul you make a good point about sharing and communicating.

      Delete
  7. Well, ego goes along with being alive. You just can't let it get out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank, yes, it is a delicate balance. I'm guilty of being out of balance often in life.

      Delete
  8. Because I'm in love with my own voice.
    Hahahhahaa.

    ReplyDelete