Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Not by accident have I stumbled upon Balaam's words


Earlier today I posted something about Samuel F. B. Morse and the telegraph, and I became curious about the words used in Morse's first telegraphic communication: "What hath God wrought!" So, I have been doing some research. You might be stunned by my discovery, my reaction, my belief, and my resolution.

I found this link, I explored the different avenues available to me in that link, and I now believe my previous posting was not an accident but is essential and transformational. Moreover, I believe my posting was predetermined by God, a higher power that I do not but should better know, understand, and trust; and I believe I must from this moment onward expand my inquiries into the word of God: the Holy Bible. And even though I might drive away a few visitors who prefer to avoid the Bible, this book blog will allow me to focus almost exclusively on that one book.

Some of you, my friends, might scoff at my belief. However, I hope you will not react too critically and intolerantly but instead celebrate and share in my transformational discovery and commitment. So, if all goes according to plan -- not my choice but one commanded from elsewhere -- this blog will bear witness to my spiritual quest and journey. Onward!





6 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, A courageous and provocative post. I have just visited Fred's blog where he speaks of the power of words. I didn't think to say this there but it is interesting to me that the Bible tells us that God spoke the universe into existence.
    He chose to preserve revelation of Himself in the written word.

    And that His word will not return void. (Isaiah 55:11)

    I don't fully understand this but it tell me that language is essential to existence and it did not develop over time but was part of our design and is how God has chosen to communicate with us.

    Which is why I'm leery of churches that base everything on feelings. Well, actually I'm leery of any conviction that is primarily based on feelings. Just because something "feels right" doesn't make it truth. My comment at Fred's goes a little further on that.

    The Bible promises that those who seek the Lord will be found by Him.(Proverbs 8:17) This is my prayer for you. That you seek and find Him.

    That's a great link, by the way. Even Balaam had no choice but to bless God's people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. The quest begins!

      Delete
  2. To each his own, Imo, Carry on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mudpuddle, I guess I will have to list you among the unimpressed and uninterested blogging friends; still, I will look forward to your visits and comments.

      Delete
  3. Tim,

    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

    ReplyDelete